WINDSOR-DETROIT BRIDGE AUTHORITY LAUNCHES “SHOW US YOUR BRIDGE” ART CHALLENGE
WINDSOR, ONTARIO – With construction of the Gordie Howe International Bridge starting this year, Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA) is pleased to launch an art challenge to engage local youth on the largest infrastructure project that is happening right in their hometown. “Show Us Your Bridge” encourages students to use their creativity to make original drawings or paintings of their vision for the Gordie Howe International Bridge.
Students can learn about the components of a bridge on the WDBA website, www.wdbridge.com, and then apply this knowledge to create their own original submissions of the bridge design. WDBA may use the artwork at future events, in print or online.
“The youth in our community are our future engineers, architects, planners and construction workers. The “Show Us Your Bridge” art challenge combines STEM principles with creativity allowing students to offer their unique perspectives and interpretations, portraying the Gordie Howe International Bridge through their eyes.”
Interim Chief Executive Officer
- The “Show Us Your Bridge” art challenge is open to youth ages 6-18 as of January 1, 2018, and who reside in the City of Windsor or the County of Essex in Ontario or in Wayne, Oakland or Macomb Counties in Michigan.
- The art challenge closes May 25, 2018.
- All participants will receive a commemorative Art Challenge 2018 button and certificate of participation.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a completed entry form and waiver.
- Four prizes of a $25 gift card will be randomly selected from all entries.
Read more about the Art Challenge
About Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority
Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA) is a not-for-profit Canadian Crown corporation created to manage the procurement process for the design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of the Gordie Howe International Bridge between Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan through a public-private partnership (P3). WDBA is also responsible for project oversight. For more information on WDBA visit www.wdbridge.com and follow WDBA on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GordieHoweBrg.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority